Kirsty. 27. Leeds. Beauty. Books. Cups of tea.

Thursday 19 February 2015

Are primers worth it?






I've never really seen the appeal of using a primer... I just felt like it was a bit of a waste of money, a bit of a 'buzz product' and I didn't really think it would make much difference to my overall make up look or feel.

I saw this MUA 'Pro Base Primer' in Superdrug for around £5 and thought that it was cheap enough to try it out and see if it was any good.

I have been using it for around 2-3 weels now and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the results.

My first impression was that it has a really pleasant smell to it, which is always nice. Going into using it, I applied a small amount to clean skin, with the intention of then putting foundation over it. I have to say that after waiting 30 seconds for it to absorb into my skin it left my face feeling really fresh and it made applying my foundation quite a lot easier.

My make up has been lasting all day, which I think is another positive feature and I just feel like for the price it is a very good product.

I am not sure if I am sold on the idea of primers in general, as some of them can be very expensive, but I was happy with the results and I think I would repurchase this.

What do you think about primers? And do you have any suggestions or recommendations for me to try out?

Thanks for reading
Speak soon!
Kirsty x

2 comments:

  1. This is a question that I have always wondered! Thanks for this post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :)
      I'm still not convinced they're really necessary... But this one was pretty good!

      Kirsty x

      misskirstylou.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete