Kirsty. 27. Leeds. Beauty. Books. Cups of tea.

Wednesday 4 March 2015

No Spend Day!

Today I thought I would do a blogpost on something I do at least once a week: 'No spend day'

It is literally as it sounds... a day where I don't spend a single penny.

I do this because, firstly, like a lot of people I don't make a fortune in wages *sob sob* snd secondly, it is really satisfying to spend the day not wasting money and actually using up things I have in the house.

There are a few ways in which I do this:

* Walking to and from work:
It takes me around 30 minutes to walk to work, which isn't too bad. I like to put some music on my headphones and its actually really nice to get some fresh air and exercise. The bus is £2.30 for a single fare or £4 for a return, so that is already money saved!

* Take a packed lunch:
We always have something in to make as a packed lunch, be it bread for sandwiches, soup or vegetables to use up and make some pasta and sauce, again its really satisfying to make my own lunch and this can save anything from £3 to £8 depending on what I would have bought!

* Cut out the coffee:
Well, not cut it out exactly, just don't buy it from a coffee shop. If I really fancy one I just make myself one at home, or when I get to work. That saves another £2.50 and you get to have it in your own mug :) (I love the cute one in the picture, I got it in Paris
)

It might not sound like much but it could save you around £12 a day and if you do that just one day a week that adds up to over £600 a year!

I hope this was helpful!

Thanks for reading
Speak soon!
Kirsty x



No comments:

Post a Comment